A session that is both interactive and reflective, designed to help us understand what we want and what we need to do to make it happen.
We can all benefit from the opportunity to stop and consider in which direction our life is heading. When we reach our teenage years in particular, our lives come under new pressures and it is important to think clearly about maintaining our balance.
- We use a wide variety of techniques and practical experiments from cognitive and sports psychology.
- In Future Thinking we examine and analyse our attitudes and beliefs right now. They are the most important factors influencing where we go and what we do.
- Our future is governed by our present.
- Each student creates a ‘Seven Day contract’ – an analysis of what they want and what they must do to make it happen – within seven days.
- They will understand how their perception governs their reality.
- We examine internal motivation and learn how to control an incredible range of future outcomes.
Throughout our lives we search for meaning.
We are often at our happiest when we spend time doing the things we love.
By recognising and unlocking our dreams, we can start to take the necessary actions to make those dreams become real.
If someone is passionately interested in their lives every single week, every single day, every single moment, then they are empowered.
Our lives are happening and they are happening right now.
We have to focus on the journey.
We have to take thousands of tiny steps, not one giant leap.
Things will change as we travel, we’ll come across new experiences and influences.
If we think about what we want and where we want to go we can make strong choices and have incredible adventures.
But future reality, five or 10 years away, is too distant for the majority of people to connect to, certainly those still in school.
We show that you can start to think about your future now, as it’s happening, as it’s unfolding.